ROBERT-HUTCHINSON Archives

Commission email for Robert Hutchinson

ROBERT-HUTCHINSON@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

From:
Chasity Maynard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Commission email for Robert Hutchinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 2020 15:44:46 -0500

Good afternoon,

My name is Chasity Maynard, and I'm a reporter at WUFT News. I'm working on a story about how small businesses are doing during the pandemic. I'm reaching out to offer the county an opportunity to respond to some of the claims from the people in my story.

Some of the business owners said Alachua County's stricter COVID-19 policies have been harmful to their organization. One shop owner told me she'd probably close her doors permanently if the county required her to shut down again because functioning remotely is so difficult. A store owner on the edge of the county said the county denied her appeal to be considered an essential business and keep her doors open. She also said she wasn't provided the signage the county promised.

What response do you have to people who say county rules have made their business suffer? What response do you have for people who are worried about future shutdowns? Do you expect shutdowns again in the future? Do you have any further response?

Let me know if I can clarify any of these questions. Can you talk on the phone today? You can reach me at 863 - 292 - 1028 or this email. I hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
Chasity Maynard
Reporter, WUFT News
863 - 292 - 1028