MARIHELEN-WHEELER Archives

Commission email for Marihelen-Wheeler

MARIHELEN-WHEELER@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

From:
Chanie Goldman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2024 19:52:36 -0400
New Pics & WORDS FROM THE HEART!   “…Our strongest weapon against global hate and anti-Semitism is our unity. And the best representation of that can be seen at Chabad UF.” …” -Noa Golan Age: 21 - Hometown: Parkland, FL Class of: 2024 - Major: Psychology and Criminology   -WORDS FROM THE HEART, ENTER THE HEART- READ NOA'S FULL LETTER BELOW      Marihelen - Alachua County Commission District 2, I have a favor to ask, a request for your help, please. I hope that your Passover preparations are going smoothly. Here at Chabad UF, we are in high gear getting ready for the largest single seated Seder in North America, and for the first time ever being held at the UF O'Dome – Exactech Arena. We are expecting 1,000+ students and community for the first Seder alone. On Pesach we serve more students, more food, more often, than any other time of the year. Believe it or not, we are preparing to cook and serve 3,000+ meals over the holiday. The Seder is traditionally family time, and for thousands of University of Florida and S. Fe College students who cannot go home especially around finals, being with Chabad UF is like celebrating Pesach with family! For many college students, Pesach is the one time a year they attend, and can be their only connection to Judaism. Plain and simple, we need to make good Kosher food and lots of it to feed and nourish our students. Your generosity will ensure that every student gets delicious matzah ball soup, four cups of wine, and melt-in-your-mouth hot brisket, and an authentic taste of Passover with the handmade Shmurah Matzah. Can you help strengthen students on campus and provide for a meaningful joyous Pesach? I am sure you know that in any household Pesach is expensive, let alone on this scale. Organizing Seders and Pesach is a lot of work and does not come cheap. In fact, the entire week of Passover will cost $195,000 (see detailed budget here). Do you know that Berl and I must raise all of the funds for the budget? And that all of it will be given by people like YOU, who care and know how important it is for our students on campus especially now when Jewish connection is more important than ever?! Can you give $360 to provide an authentic Seder and a positive Jewish experience for Jewish Gators? YOU CAN ensure that every Jewish Student has the opportunity to celebrate and be inspired during this vital holiday. If you can gift more than $360, we need it and I can assure you that it will be used to help more students, but any amount will go a long way.   "HOW THE STUDENTS EXPERIENCE PASSOVER THIS YEAR WILL IMPACT THEIR LIVES AND THE JEWISH PEOPLE NOW AND IN THE FUTURE” - Rabbi Berl Goldman   YES! I WANT TO CONTIBUTE - DONATIONS FOR PASSOVER - CLICK HERE Please note: your gift is 100% tax-deductible.         Donate via Credit Card: https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.JewishGator.com/Donate__;!!KOmxaIYkRmNA0A!TmBCRiljXH6yU5SfXvL2LQbMGIndIBhERPBc_xigOEUvjYcr9d89N8F9YCbSkQaErM59lfnpWR-5FF2RDBOYfn4biQ$  Checks make payable and mail to: Chabad UF Jewish Student Center 2021 NW 5th Avenue Gainesville, FL 32603   THANK YOU! To the alumni, parents, community and friends, who have contributed already for Passover 2024. YOUR generosity will impact the students for generations to come. We cannot thank you enough.   CLICK HERE TO SEE THE PASSOVER PARTNERS & ADD YOUR NAME         Please send your gift today, so we can make the proper preparations in time for Pesach. If you can give more than $360, we need it and I can assure you that it will be used to help more students, and any amount will go a long way.   You can give securely online at https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.PassoverUF.com__;!!KOmxaIYkRmNA0A!TmBCRiljXH6yU5SfXvL2LQbMGIndIBhERPBc_xigOEUvjYcr9d89N8F9YCbSkQaErM59lfnpWR-5FF2RDBNFKozwpw$ . Checks can be made payable and mailed to: Chabad UF Student Center 2021 NW 5th Avenue Gainesville, FL 32603.   With gratitude and best wishes for a Kosher and joyous Pesach for you and your loved ones,   Chanie Goldman Co-Director   P.S. Give students a safe and meaningful Pesach, with complete Seders, the homemade chicken soup, crispy Shmurah Matzah, mouthwatering brisket, the warm family atmosphere and positive memories for a lifetime. Donate securely online at https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.PassoverUF.com__;!!KOmxaIYkRmNA0A!TmBCRiljXH6yU5SfXvL2LQbMGIndIBhERPBc_xigOEUvjYcr9d89N8F9YCbSkQaErM59lfnpWR-5FF2RDBNFKozwpw$  Your gift is 100% tax-deductible. P.P.S. If you know any student on campus or person in the community that needs our help for Passover, please call me at (352)336-5877 or email [log in to unmask]   DONATE NOW     Dear Parents, Alumni, Community and Friends,   As we all know, anti-semitism has been at an all-time high since October 7th. There is not a moment since that day that my friends and I haven’t felt saddened and frustrated by the immense hate our people experience.   Surprisingly, anti-semitism and hate doesn’t divide us, it brings us closer together. We, as Jewish people, are stronger together. Our strongest weapon against global hate and anti-semitism is our unity. And the best representation of that can be seen at Chabad UF.   The upward shift in Jewish student engagement through Chabad UF on campus has been tremendous. The unwavering love and commitment from their dedicated staff has been unlike anything I have ever experienced before. It inspires us as students to live with an immense sense of Jewish pride, as we continue our journey to strengthen our Jewish identities. We will forever be grateful for the impact Chabad UF has made on our lives.   As Passover approaches, please help support Chabad UF so they can continue to be a home away from home for myself and thousands of my fellow Jewish students.   Am Yisrael Chai, Happy Passover and Go Gators!   Noa Golan Age: 21 Hometown: Parkland, FL Major: Psychology and Criminology Class of: 2024           ​Got Matzah? Want Seders? RSVP at→ https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.PassoverUF.com__;!!KOmxaIYkRmNA0A!TmBCRiljXH6yU5SfXvL2LQbMGIndIBhERPBc_xigOEUvjYcr9d89N8F9YCbSkQaErM59lfnpWR-5FF2RDBNFKozwpw$  Passover at UF Gainesville Seders, Services Calendar, Kosher Meals, Sell Your Chametz & more With best wishes for a happy and Kosher Passover! Passover at UF Gainesville - CLICK HERE                     Make Your Legacy a Strong Jewish Future! Please include a gift to Chabad UF in your will or other estate plans. https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.JewishGator.com__;!!KOmxaIYkRmNA0A!TmBCRiljXH6yU5SfXvL2LQbMGIndIBhERPBc_xigOEUvjYcr9d89N8F9YCbSkQaErM59lfnpWR-5FF2RDBOFDlynPQ$  [log in to unmask] (352)336-5877 2021 NW 5th Avenue ~ Gainesville, FL ~ 32603 Chabad UF Jewish Student Center | 2021 NW 5th Ave, Gainesville, FL 32603 Unsubscribe [log in to unmask] Update Profile | Constant Contact Data Notice Sent by [log in to unmask] powered by Try email marketing for free today!