MARIHELEN-WHEELER Archives

Commission email for Marihelen-Wheeler

MARIHELEN-WHEELER@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

From:
Anne Shermyen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Commission email for Marihelen-Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2024 14:32:57 -0400
Hello Commissioner Wheeler,
I was wondering if you would be interested in sitting in some of the competition rounds for the Civics Challenge as a scorer?
We pair two volunteer scorers for each round (to help cover/check that we have no confusion) It’s quite straightforward and a fun way to watch the competition.

If you would be interested, we would have you watch the first round of play behind the scorers in one of the three competition rooms. And, then rotate you in, paired with one of those scorers for the next round.
Each round is about 20 minutes with breaks in between.

 I should soon have a revised schedule from Jon Rehm to send to you so that you can see how the competition day is set up.

And, thank you again for agreeing to speak (15 minutes would be great!) before we start the competition.

Lunch is provided on the Bo Diddley Plaza and you get an official 2024 Civics Challenge 2024 Tshirt.

We volunteers, the students and teachers all wear official T-shirts for the event (although as a speaker, please wear whatever you wish!)

And, if you tell me what unisex T-Shirt size you’d prefer, Jon will add it to the order!

With our appreciation,
Anne
Civics Challenge Committee

Sent from my iPhone