Commissioners,

At today’s commission meeting during my presentation, Commissioner Prizzia requested information regarding Vote-by-Mail requests. I have included that information along with the numbers from 2020 and 2022 below:

Because 2020 was such an outlier for vote-by-mail (pandemic related issues), we have averaged the volume of 2022 requests with the average of 2020 requests to get an “expected baseline” for what we expect for 2024.

26,052 current Vote-by-Mail requests for August 2024 as of today

26,226 current Vote-by-Mail requests for November 2024 as of today

The “average” number we are trying to hit:

August 2022 total Vote-by-Mail requests as of election day – 47,123

August 2020 total Vote-by-Mail requests as of election day - 54,148

Average - 50,635 for Primary 2024

November 2022 total Vote-by-Mail requests as of election day – 50,140

November 2020 total Vote-by-Mail requests as of election day – 75,312

Average – 62,726 for General 2024

If you need any additional information, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you for the opportunity to present today.

Yours in Service,

Kim A. Barton

Master Florida Certified Elections Professional (MFCEP)

Supervisor of Elections

Vote Alachua Logo - no background

Josiah T. Walls Building

515 North Main Street, Suite 300

Gainesville, FL  32601

O:  352-374-5252 | F: 352-374-5264

Website | Facebook | Email

Subscribe to the Vote Alachua Update

Email Correspondence

Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing

To unsubscribe from the KEN-CORNELL list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(KEN-CORNELL,SIGNOFF);