From: Mari K. Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2024 2:22 PM
To: Gary Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Michele Lieberman <[log in to unmask]>; Gina Peebles <[log in to unmask]>; Tommy Crosby <[log in to unmask]>; Carl Smart <[log in to unmask]>; Latoya Gainey <[log in to unmask]>; Sylvia E. Torres <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Illegal Signs - and growing

ALL COMMISSIONERS HAVE BEEN COPIED ON THIS EMAIL

Mr. Nelson,

As you have noticed once again illegal signs have proliferated in some areas. The ones you mention below have been picked up and businesses contacted. To stay ahead as much as possible on illegal signs,  we have instituted a weekly log for use in tracking illegal signs removed (or businesses notified if on private property) and are ensuring the officers are driving these heavily signed routes.  In addition, we are transitioning to enhanced staffing in areas that generate more code complaints including illegal signs.  This will occur over the next few weeks.

As always thank you for your continued concern and care for Alachua County.

Missy

Mari K. Daniels, AICP
Assistant County Manager - Public Works & Growth Mgt
County Manager's Office
12 SE 1st Street • Gainesville • Florida • 32601
352-374-5204 ext 3148 (office)

PLEASE NOTE: Florida has a very broad public records law (F.S.119).
All e-mails to and from County Officials and County Staff are kept as public records. Your e-mail
communications, including your e-mail address, may be disclosed to the public and media at any time.