Image

Week of April 22, 2024
Prohibiting Foreign Nations' Flags On The House Floor

Dear Neighbor,

Congress was in recess this week, and I had the privilege of being back home to visit with my neighbors in Alachua, Gainesville, Lake City, Ocala, and beyond! It was a wonderful week reconnecting with constituents and hearing their thoughts on current events and the needs of our communities. We'll have more photos and videos from this week to share soon!

Just this morning, I introduced a resolution to prohibit Members of Congress from bringing or displaying flags of other nations on the House Floor. Last weekend, we saw Members of Congress displaying and waving the Ukrainian flag as the House passed $60 billion of aid for Ukraine. I introduced an amendment to eliminate $10.5B of non-military aid from the bill earlier in the weekend, but it failed as the overall package went on to pass overwhelmingly.

Through all of this, it was clear that the only flag that should be displayed on the House Floor is the American flag. Click here to read my press release and to learn more about the resolution.

Next Saturday is our annual Service Academy Day. If you are, or know of, a student with a deep desire to serve our country and earn a world-class education at one of our nation's military academies, this event is for you. Keep reading to learn more.

We also announced the winners of the 2024 Congressional Art Competition after last weekend's judging ceremony. We are so lucky to have such skilled and talented young artists in our schools. To see the winners of each category, keep scrolling!

Finally, we wish all of our Jewish neighbors a very meaningful Passover. We continue to stand with our Jewish neighbors in the face of nationwide protests on university campuses.

With all that's happening this Congress, it is my greatest honor to represent you and hear from you about the issues that matter most. You can read below about what we've been up to this week, and as always, you can stay up to date with us here, on our website, and on XFacebookInstagram, and YouTube.

For the Republic,

Image

Congresswoman Kat Cammack                                                                                Proudly Representing Florida's Third Congressional District

Image

Celebrating Passover With Our Jewish Neighbors

Image

On Monday we wished a blessed Passover to our Jewish friends in Florida's Third and across the nation as the holiday began. We stand with our Jewish friends everywhere as they observe this meaningful holiday, especially amid protests on college campuses across the country, we will always support our Jewish neighbors and our ally Israel.

U.S. Army Reserve Turns 116

Image

This week we wished a very happy 116th birthday to the U.S. Army Reserve! Thank you to the men and women who dutifully serve and have served our nation with the Reserve force—we are grateful for your service!

Image

Resolution To Prohibit Members From Bringing Or Displaying Flags of Foreign Nations On The House Floor

Image

BIG NEWS! I introduced my resolution today to prohibit Members of Congress from displaying or bringing flags of foreign nations on the House Floor. After what we saw last weekend when Members waved Ukrainian flags after the passage of the Ukraine aid bill, I couldn't sit idly by. The only flag that should be displayed on the House Floor is the American flag. Period.

We make serious decisions on behalf of the American people and their taxpayer dollars on the House Floor. This business should be carried out beneath no other banner than our stars and stripes to remind us of who we represent and why this nation is the greatest in the history of the world.

READ MORE ABOUT THE RES. HERE

A Special Visit From Gainesville City Commissioner Cynthia Chestnut

Image

I recently had the opportunity to sit down with Gainesville City Commissioner Cynthia Chestnut in D.C. We talked about the MLK Multipurpose Center and the grants available to the city through DHS and FEMA for our first responders.

It's always lovely when folks bring a piece of home to our nation's capital. Thanks for visiting, Commissioner Chestnut and team!

April's Rescheduled Telephone Town Hall

Image

Our postponed town hall has been rescheduled for this coming Monday, April 29 at 7:30pm ET. We hope you'll join us—visit the link below to sign up.

SIGN UP HERE

Service Academy Day Next Weekend

Image

Our annual Service Academy Day is coming up next weekend at Trinity Catholic in Ocala! We hope you'll join us to learn more about our nation's service academies.

Reach out to us in Gainesville at (352) 505-0838 with questions!

Announcing The Winners Of The 2024 Congressional Art Competition

Image

We have the winners of the 2024 Congressional Art Competition!

Our overall winner (pictured above) will be displayed in the U.S. Capitol while the "fan favorite" and "office favorite" winners will be displayed in our D.C. and district offices. Congratulations to all who participated—it was amazing to see the outstanding talent of our high school students.

OVERALL WINNER: Nicole Miller of West Port High School with "The End of an Era"

FAN FAVORITE: Rae Finch of Branford High School with "Light the Way"

OFFICE FAVORITE & BEST OF MIXED MEDIA CATEGORY: Riley Gibson of Union County High School with "Endangered Florida Loggerhead"

9TH GRADE BEST OF SHOW: Isaac Ewing of Gainesville Home School with "Where the Light Breaks Through"

10TH GRADE BEST OF SHOW: Brooklyn Barnes of Union County High School with "In Flight"

11TH GRADE BEST OF SHOW: Elizabeth Moppert of Union County High School with "Do No Evil"

12TH GRADE BEST OF SHOW: Kendall Smith of West Port High School with "The Swamp"

BEST OF PAINTING CATEGORY: Sigrid Noah of Gainesville High School with "Lubber in Leaves"

BEST OF DRAWING CATEGORY: Jacob Alford of Union County High School with "Shrouded in Darkness"

BEST OF PRINTS CATEGORY: Cora Rzepecki of West Port High School with "Gulf Sturgeon"

BEST OF COMPUTER-GENERATED ART CATEGORY: Alexsa Benitez of Trinity Catholic High School with "Florida Marsh"

BEST OF PHOTOGRAPHS CATEGORY: Miranda Gutierrez of West Port High School with "Fascinated Squirrel"

Share Our Newsletter With Your Neighbors

Image

Our weekly newsletter hits inboxes every Friday! You're receiving this one, but your neighbors might not. Know someone interested in signing up? Forward this newsletter to them and encourage them to add their email to the list.

We never sell or share your email address, using it exclusively to communicate with you about important happenings related to North Central Florida. You can opt not to receive communications at any time.

WEEKLY NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP

Image

Click here to open this e-mail in its own browser window

Click here to open a plain text version of this email

Unsubscribe

imageimage

Access the ANNA-PRIZZIA Home Page and Archives

Unsubscribe from the ANNA-PRIZZIA List