"A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS"

Anna - Alachua County Commission District 3, Happy Passover!

It was a pleasure welcoming over 1,200 students and community, many who were far from their loved ones to the first Seder with the Chabad UF family, and with a bucket full of Love, Light, and plenty of cuisine. (This is a LINK to a local news story about the Seder.)

Chabad UF went all out in planning the first historic Passover Seder at the UF O’Dome. We wish everyone could have been there; it was so spirited and meaningful: Eating Crunchy Matzah. Singing Mah Nishtanah. Thundering “Dayeinu.” And of course, delicious matzah ball soup, four cups of wine, melt-in-your-mouth hot brisket, and authentic handmade Shmurah Matzah.

The excitement was palpable and heartening. We all felt inspired and proud watching over 1,200 young Jewish university students celebrating Passover with smiles, unity and positive energy.

Many special guests and dignitaries joined the Seder to share in the spirit of Passover, the holiday of our redemption and freedom. At the pre-Seder program UF President Ben Sasse and Dr. Mark Bleiweis shared words of inspiration and reflection.

“Thank you Rabbi Berl and Chabad UF … It is a great honor for the University of Florida to be hosting the largest Seder on any campus in America tonight.

Let’s just pause for a second and thank and offer prayers for all those who are still held hostage at this moment.

What is happening on campus at Columbia and Yale the last few days is grotesque, and we don’t want anyone here to be confused. We are delighted that the University of Florida is the most Jewish campus anyplace in North America. We don’t want anyone to be unsafe, or to feel unsafe ….

This is an incredibly special night …. I just want you to know that it is Great to be a Jewish Gator!” –

UF President Ben Sasse in his comments at the Chabad UF Jewish Gator Seder at the O’Dome, April 22, 2024.

With Israel on the hearts and mind of everyone present, special prayers were offered during the candle lighting ceremony and during the Seder, for protection and peace in the Holy Land and the return of the hostages.

Students and the community felt at home as they shared this deep and wonderful connection with each other, further growing their Jewish identity, education and pride!

We hosted the second night Seder at Chabad UF with close to 350 students and community in attendance, through midnight! We continue to offer services and Kosher for Passover meals throughout the holiday.

As we see and hear horrible reports of antisemitic and anti-Israel bias ravaging on college campuses (including some on our own), we are reminded that the Lubavitcher Rebbe of blessed memory always urged that people transform darkness and negativity to light, kindness and holiness.

I WANT TO SUPPORT STUDENTS ON CAMPUS

www.JewishGator.com/Donate

Please note: your gift is 100% tax-deductible.

As you can imagine, the costs for Passover are high. We need to raise $195,000 for Passover and spring end budget. You can see all the info and budget at this Budget Link

To make it happen, your continued partnership and generosity is essential. We need to raise all the funds to pay the bills and fulfill our responsibilities.

If you have not yet donated for Passover, can you please consider a gift of $360 or more to help sponsor Passover?

If you can give more, I can assure you that it will be used to serve even more students. If you can only give less, please know that every amount, even one dollar, will help.

We are so grateful to the many alumni, parents, community and friends that have already partnered with us to give this Passover experience to the students. If you are able to help, please partner with us and donate today. Your gift is a great Mitzvah and gives students the gift of experiencing their rich Jewish identity.

Make a secure donation on-line today at: www.JewishGator.com/Donate.

Checks can be mailed to the Center: 2021 NW 5th Avenue, Gainesville, FL 32603. Your gift is 100% tax-deductible.

From the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Happy Passover and Go Gators!

Rabbi Berl and Chanie Goldman

Chabad UF Jewish Student Center of Gainesville, Inc. is a not-for-profit corporation and federally approved 501(c) (3) organization. All donations are tax-deductible.

THANK YOU!

To the alumni, parents, community and friends, who have contributed already for Passover 2024. YOUR generosity will impact the students for generations to come.

We cannot thank you enough.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE

PASSOVER PARTNERS & ADD YOUR NAME

Support Our Students On Campus - Donate Now: CLICK HERE
Please Donate NOW - CLICK HERE
Make Your Legacy a Strong Jewish Future!
Please include a gift to Chabad UF in your will or other estate plans.
(352)336-5877
2021 NW 5th Avenue ~ Gainesville, FL ~ 32603

Access the ANNA-PRIZZIA Home Page and Archives

Unsubscribe from the ANNA-PRIZZIA List