Error during command authentication.

Attn:  BOCC, Charles 'Chuck' Chestnut,

This is Roberta Lopez, Former Commissioner and Mayor of Archer. I am an activist and Historian in Archer. As you already know I along with several people in the Archer area worked and raised over 1million dollars to restore/renovate the old Archer High School built in 1936 in Archer to be used as a Community Center for the people.

The founder of Bethlehem Methodist Episcopal Cemetery Restoration Organization (BMECRO) Clyde Williams became ill and could no longer work on this project and she ask that I take it over for her and complete goals set by her. Since that time we not only accomplished her goals, but received the State of Florida Historic Marker displaying the history of the BME cemetery which was established in 1873 by, the late Rev. Major Reddick. This is an African American Cemetery where world war I, II Vets are buried, and several hundred enslaved ancestors are also buried there.

There is a short narrow road leading to the BME Cemetery. The City of Archer owns this road. We have asked so many times to get the dead trees removed and the road leveled out by bringing in something that would repair it. They only remove dead tree limbs when they fall which is often and dangerous. Since the BME cemetery is historical and our tax dollars are taking care of a city owned cemetery, the city should take care of this road. We have listed the City of Archer as one of our Partners. The BMEC was annexed circa 2010 into the city. The address: 14309 SW 175th Terrace, Archer, Florida 32618. It is not a city owned property. The cemetery located in the County for years and property with homes and a road across the street from this site is still in the County.

Below you will see a road similar to what the little road leading to BMECemetery. Our organization would like to see this city road looking this way. We have applied and working on getting the cemetery on the National Register and plan on working with Visit Gainesville making it a tourist site in Alachua County. The road can be designated as a "Alachua Scenic Roard". We, BMECRO would appreciate your help. Please contact me at 352.495.3035.
Please visit our website 'bmecro.wordpress.com'. We also have a Facebook page.
Thank you.

Please be on the lookout for another pictures showing the existing road leading up to the cemetery.

Subject: Re: Road video in Newberry

image0.jpeg

To unsubscribe from the MARIHELEN-WHEELER list, click the following link:
http://listserv.alachuacounty.us/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=MARIHELEN-WHEELER