The latest news from The Greater Gainesville Chamber of Commerce!  A 5-Star Accredited Chamber of Commerce April 10, 2024 VISIT OUR WEBSITE Guys, we made it through the eclipse, we're halfway through the week, and we've got lots of news to share with you! Did you get your eVent Guide (and the address correction that quickly followed) this week? We hope it was informative! The reason we ask is because we want to make sure you got your ticket to The Longest Table, Presented by Florida Credit Union, happening THIS FRIDAY, April 12th. There are just a couple of seats left and we'd love to see you there! And Another Thing... Did you know that, as a member, you can post your open positions on our website free of charge? Let us help you get the word out for you! Email Joe Johnson today! The Florida Scorecard The Florida Scorecard™ simplifies tracking progress in our state's communities, aligning with Florida 2030 Blueprint goals. It allows us to assess county-level progress toward these goals. Key metrics include third-grade reading proficiency, poverty rates, educational attainment, recession probability, industry diversification ranking, and high school graduation rates. While the image below displays data for Alachua County, you can access information for every county. This tool is valuable for local businesses expanding statewide and for organizations looking to draw talent to the region. This week, we wanted to show you how we compare to the state as a whole. Which of these red rectangles means the most to you? Let's find a way to get you involved in turning it green, GNV! Contact our team today for some suggestions! Florida Overall Averages at a Glance... ...Compared to Alachua County Data Seacoast Bank Announces the Elevation of Two Josh Johnson EVP, North Florida Regional President  Josh started his career as a financial advisor for A.G. Edwards (Wells Fargo Advisors), later transitioning to a Financial Analyst at a Commercial Real Estate Private Equity Fund. He specialized in acquiring loans from financial institutions throughout the country and provided bridge financing for Commercial Real Estate projects throughout the Southeast, eventually attaining the position of Vice President, Business Development...READ MORE  Kyle Yancey, SVP/Market Pres. N. Central Florida Kyle Yancey is the SVP/Market President of North Central Florida for Seacoast Bank and is customer focused, providing unparalleled service in the local banking industry. He provides business insights and instills trust with his clients and within the business community. Kyle began his career in the Insurance Industry but transitioned to banking and gained experience being employed by both a global financial institution, PNC f/k/a BBVA, and...READ MORE  Florida Blue Honors Champions for Heath Care   The Florida Blue Foundation, the philanthropic affiliate of Florida Blue, is honoring nine recipients doing exemplary work in their local communities to improve health outcomes and increase access to health care services and support.     The Florida Blue Foundation announced the winners at its annual Sapphire Awards ceremony on April 3 in Orlando. The awardees will share $525,000, allowing each to continue focusing on ideas and solutions aimed at improving health at the local level.  “Our Foundation recognizes the important role community-based initiatives play in strengthening neighborhoods and improving overall health and well-being,” said Susan Towler, executive director of the Florida Blue Foundation. “We applaud these nine recipients for their...READ MORE  Partnership For Strong Families Readies For National Foster Care Month  The recruitment and outreach department at Partnership For Strong Families is gearing up for National Foster Care Month in May. During this month, current foster parents are celebrated and they invite the community to help by donating gift baskets for the Foster Parent Appreciation event. Local businesses can also raise awareness about the urgent need for foster parents by displaying flyers and sharing on their social media platforms.   LEARN MORE The Paper Bag Deli Stays Open For Fun                  Fun Fridays, that is! The Paper Bag Deli is pleased to announce that they are now open until 9pm on Friday evenings during the Free Fridays Concert Series at Bo Diddley Plaza. Enjoy some great food and beverages (adult or kid-friendly) and head over to watch local musicians take the stage! UF Warrington College of Business Shares Business Career Services Spring Resumes  No matter your industry, UF has the intern for you! Check out these students completing both bachelor's and master's degrees. Take a look at these resumes and find the right fit today. Did you know: nearly 70% of interns are hired by the companies they intern with? That means the time you spend with these students is not only beneficial to them, but to your talent pipeline in the long run. VIEW RESUMES Organization Helping Victims of Sex Trafficking in Critical Need of Community Support     Sex trafficking remains one of the most pressing human rights issues today and has become more relevant in small communities than most could ever imagine. In North Central Florida, one organization has taken a stand to combat the crime. Created Gainesville is a nonprofit that has devoted itself to the rescue, restoration, and reclamation of lives affected by sex trafficking and sexual exploitation.  Allison Ungaro founded Created Gainesville in her...READ MORE The 2024 Sponsorship Opportunity Book Is Here! Looking for ways to get your business exposure? Interested in getting more involved in what the Chamber has to offer? Well, here is your chance to explore Opportunities! Click here to access the full book. Questions? Contact Steve Cannon, VP of Member Development! Showcase Your Business: Host a Chamber Event in 2024! Calling all businesses: hosting a Chamber Business Before Hours or a Business After Hours Event is a great way to build exposure for your company! These popular series of networking events draw attention from the professional community and are an excellent opportunity to showcase your business to entrepreneurs and customers from across our community. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to give your business more exposure and to become a familiar face in our community! For those who are interested and would like to learn more, contact Steve Cannon, VP Member Development at [log in to unmask] Don't miss out on your chance to have your voice heard; make plans to attend and share your thoughts! UPCOMING CITY MEETINGS New Meetings and Agendas UPCOMING COUNTY MEETINGS Upcoming Meetings and Events Local Board Positions Open to the Community One of the most impactful ways to get involved and make a difference in your community is to join advisory boards. The City and County both have openings on a number of boards, so this is your chance to bring your thoughts to the table and help turn them into actions. This week, we are highlighting the need for applicants for the Downtown Advisory Board. Are you a business owner, property owner, or stakeholder in Downtown Gainesville? Learn more about how you can impact the direction of its health and its growth HERE. Chamber Foundation and Community Celebrate High School Seniors     The Greater Gainesville Chamber Foundation hosted Florida College Decision Day Friday evening, April 5th, at Celebration Pointe. Sponsored by The Florida Lottery Bright Futures Scholarship Funds, this event gives friends, families, and guests the opportunity to celebrate our local high school seniors on their commitments to colleges like Santa Fe College, the University of Florida, The Citadel, FAMU, Johnson and Wales, and the United States Army.     The Florida Lottery kicked off this great event by... READ MORE Thank you to our amazing photographer, Prost! Photography! VIEW FULL GALLERY Did you know that as a member you can post your open job listings on our website? Reach out to Joe Johnson today! ‌ ‌ VISIT OUR WEBSITE Greater Gainesville Chamber of Commerce | 300 E University Ave., Ste 100, Gainesville, FL 32601 Unsubscribe [log in to unmask] Update Profile | Constant Contact Data Notice Sent by [log in to unmask] powered by Try email marketing for free today!