We had 71 fires, of which 35 occurred in waste, paper and plastic operations, 25 occurred in scrap operations, four occurred at organics operations, three occurred in e-scrap operations, two occurred at construction and demolition operations and one occurred at a rubber recycling facility.

PFAS Leachate Treatment Part 2; Korey Jones Optimizes Routes
Waste 360 Daily Wire

APRIL 09, 2024

Commentary

April 2024 Fire Report: We Cannot Be Complacent

We had 71 fires, of which 35 occurred in waste, paper and plastic operations, 25 occurred in scrap operations, four occurred at organics operations, three occurred in e-scrap operations, two occurred at construction and demolition operations and one occurred at a rubber recycling facility. Four of these events were confirmed as catastrophic, but that number is highly conservative based on the public reporting without long-term visibility of the actual damage stemming from these incidents.

FULL ARTICLE

Featured

A Glimpse at Tire EPR in North America

About 280 million tires are discarded in the U.S. each year and a good share of them are illegally dumped, posing risk for soil contamination, fires and mosquito-borne illness, and strapping governments with enormous clean up expenses. In response, a few U.S. states and several Canadian provinces have followed Europe’s lead by enacting or introducing Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) laws holding tire producers responsible for the cost and management of end-of-life tires (EOL).

FULL ARTICLE

Sponsored

Experience Mobile Shredding Power with the Rotochopper 75DK Shredder
The Rotochopper 75DK Shredder establishes a new standard in mobile shredding with its powerful engine and durable twin-rotor cutting system, ensuring peak efficiency and performance. It effortlessly handles tough materials while extracting metal, resulting in a material stream perfectly suited for grinding or secondary use. With its versatility and adaptability, the 75DK can cater to a wide range of industries.
Learn more

You are subscribed to this newsletter as [log in to unmask]. To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please click here.
Alternatively, to contact our data services team to have your details updated or removed entirely from our database please email [log in to unmask].

This email was sent to you by the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG.
Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.​

To unsubscribe from the CHARLES-S-CHESTNUT list, click the following link:
http://listserv.alachuacounty.us/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=CHARLES-S-CHESTNUT