The April 8 total solar eclipse is sure to draw crowds from Texas to Maine, with counties largely in

Having trouble viewing this email? Click Here

County News
National Association of Counties
NACo Twitter
NACo Facebook
NACo LinkedIn
NACo YouTube
March 28, 2024
CN-Now-2022-header_652x230_2103592.png
The April 8 total solar eclipse is sure to draw crowds from Texas to Maine, with counties largely in charge of their safety.
CN-Now-fold1_01-08-19.jpg
The Durham County, N.C. register of deeds is using public records information and archival documentation to educate county residents on racially restrictive covenants in property deeds and how their impact can still be felt today.
CN-Now-fold2_01-08-19.jpg
NACo's Equity + Governance Task Force is working to identify, prioritize and develop tools and resources counties need to advance equity in our communities.
CN-Now-banner-ad_652px_2103993.png
Legislative Updates
CN-Now-leg2_01-08-19.jpg
The FCC will issue a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking on georouting for 988 — directing calls based on a caller’s location rather than their phone’s area code — would enable counties better to support the needs of those callers.
CN-Now-leg3_01-08-19.jpg
The roadmap outlines pilot programs for the Federal Emergency Management Agency, Homeland Security Investigations and United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
CN-Now-leg5_01-08-19.jpg
Approximately 75% of long-term care facilities would be required to add staff to comply with the CMS proposed staffing standard.
The Latest From NACo
Supporting coworkers and community with Mental Health First Aid
In the busy-ness of the workplace, mental health often takes a backseat. For Seva Reilly, becoming a Mental Health First Aider has been a transformative journey, enabling her to support her colleagues. “My MHFA training has helped me have the courage to ask the question, ‘How are you doing?’ and to deeply listen to the response, to hear what is not said, to create space for sharing, and to encourage the people in my life to practice self-care.” Read her story here.
CN-Now-banner-ad_652px_2103993.png
NKN_Banner_collection_CN-now(1)_1729551.png
Mar
28
Webinar
1 p.m. – 2 p.m. EDT
Apr
8
Webinar
1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. EDT
Apr
11
Webinar
2 p.m. – 3 p.m. EDT
Apr
15
Webinar
1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. EDT
Apr
16
Webinar
3 p.m. – 4 p.m. EDT
Apr
17
Webinar
2 p.m. – 3 p.m. EDT
Leg-2023-footer_2417592.png
National Association of Counties
660 North Capitol Street, NW, Suite 400
Washington, D.C. 20001
Twitter Facebook Linkedin Other
Did someone forward you this email? Sign up to stay up-to-date on topics affecting America's counties!
Click here to unsubscribe.

Access the MARY-ALFORD Home Page and Archives

Unsubscribe from the MARY-ALFORD List