Good afternoon Staff,

I was Baker Acted in critical health crisis on 3/11/24 - 3/14/24 at Meridian Mental Health Hospital in Jacksonville, FL.  I had $140 cash in my wallet, which was fat because of the cash inside of it. At discharge, my money had all of a sudden disappeared and my wallet was very light. I filed a grievance to no avail. The in-take person didn't bother counting my money in front of me nor was I in the right state of mind to ask to count my cash. I suffer greatly from mental health issues and that was the only cash I had in my possession, given to my by my parents during Christmas 2023. I believe there is something sketchy going in that facility. My cash is still missing and I have zero income. I need your help.

Thank you for your quick reply!

Here's the information:

Meridian inpatient Gainesville Office
Administrative Offices (Alachua)
1565 SW Williston Road
Gainesville, FL, 32608

Inpatient Gainesville Office (Alachua)
4300 SW 13th Street
Gainesville, FL, 32608

352-374-5600

https://www.mbhci.org/

I was there for a crisis intervention. I do not have income of any sorts and this is what I get in return, my cash was must've either been stolen from the in-take person or someone above her working with her since there were cameras. I was in a crisis, thought I was I could trust them and did not get treated with the respect or dignity of a person in a health crisis. And according to the staff,  this isn't the first time this hss happened. This is not the way to treat people with mental health issues. I do not receive money from the government, nor do I have any income.

Respectfully,

Ana Karen Galdamez
786-391-8858

AKGaldamez
786-391-8858

Access the MARY-ALFORD Home Page and Archives

Unsubscribe from the MARY-ALFORD List