Mr Smart
Could you please contact Ms Crawford and put an  plan in place to address? Thank you
Ken

Ken Cornell
County Commissioner
Board of County Commissioners
12 SE 1st ST • Gainesville • FL • 32601
352-264-6900 (office) • 352-281-4000 (mobile)

PLEASE NOTE: Florida has a very broad public records law (F.S.119).
All e-mails to and from County Officials and County Staff are kept as public records. Your e-mail
communications,
including your e-mail address, may be disclosed to the public and media at any time.

> On Jan 15, 2024, at 11:40 AM, Gerie Crawford <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> CAUTION: This email originated from outside your organization. Exercise caution when opening attachments or clicking links, especially from unknown senders.
>

> Good Morning Commissions
>
> My name is Gerie Crawford, I reside on SW 95th Avenue Archer Florida  in unincorporated Alachua County. For the past few months my neighbors and I have been harassed by large dogs whose owner recently moved into our neighborhood. We have contacted Alachua County Animal Resources and Care to file complaints on “multiple“ occasions. Staff has responded by coming out talking to us several times as well as speaking to individual who owns the animals.  They are large aggressive  hunting/bird dogs who have chased me and other neighbors back into our homes. One neighbor strongly suspects they’ve killed her 2 cats.  These dogs are allowed to roam freely terrorizing our neighborhood day and night. We have provided night camera footage, time stamped pictures of the dogs on our porches, in our yards and Ring camera footage to staff as proof. County staff now says we need to complete sworn affidavits before any action further is taken. It is hard to believe with technology this is the current  policy/procedure and we have to go to this level of documentation to hold this individual accountable before someone is injured.
> On behalf of my neighborhood, I am requesting your assistance in next steps. Can you
> please inquire and direct staff to further address this matter provide us with the current policy to ensure compliance in this matter.
> Kind regards
> G Crawford
>

> Sent from my iPhone

To unsubscribe from the KEN-CORNELL list, click the following link:
http://listserv.alachuacounty.us/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=KEN-CORNELL