From: Tommy Crosby <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2022 4:03 PM
To: Tommy Crosby <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Carl Smart <[log in to unmask]>; Gina Peebles <[log in to unmask]>; Latoya Gainey <[log in to unmask]>; Mark Sexton <[log in to unmask]>; Michele Lieberman <[log in to unmask]>; Sylvia E. Torres <[log in to unmask]>; Mari K. Daniels <[log in to unmask]>; Leslie Moyer <[log in to unmask]>; Danielle Judd ([log in to unmask]) <[log in to unmask]>; Patty Justice <[log in to unmask]>; Sheriff Watson <[log in to unmask]>; DeCoursey, Joel <[log in to unmask]>; Maureen Rischitelli <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Law Enforcement Comparisons presented at 9/13/22 meeting

Law Enforcement and Detention Deputy comparisons:

Alachua currently at $42,000.

Tentative budget approved 9/13/22 by BoCC includes amount for 7% increase = $44,942

The State funded the 29 fiscally constrained counties to start Sheriff Deputies at $45,000 and Detention Officers at $42,500

We have 6 contiguous counties Columbia, Gilchrist, Levy, Union, Bradford, Putnam

Marion County FY23 will be $47,240 for patrol and detention

Clay provided no response but currently starts at $43,090

City of High Springs - $40,643

City of Gainesville - $48,566, but required to contribute an 7.5% to pension vs ASCO of 3% so equivalent pay is $46,475.

City of Alachua – FY22 $40,497 FY23 in negotiations

My estimate to address starting pay and resulting compression with just sworn and certified personnel is $750,000 per $1,000 increase.

The Sheriff’s office can supply the actual cost numbers if they desire.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Tommy Crosby, CPA

Assistant County Manager – Budget & Fiscal Services

Alachua County

352.337.6205

Tommy Crosby
Director
Office of Management and Budget
12 SE 1st St. Floor 3 • Gainesville • FL • 32601
352-337-6205 (office) • 352-817-7982 (mobile)

PLEASE NOTE: Florida has a very broad public records law (F.S.119).
All e-mails to and from County Officials and County Staff are kept as public records. Your e-mail
communications, including your e-mail address, may be disclosed to the public and media at any time.

Access the RAEMI-EAGLE-GLENN Home Page and Archives

Unsubscribe from the RAEMI-EAGLE-GLENN List