Ms. Eagle-Glenn

I would like to present you with some information you may or may not already have for tomorrow's discussion with the Sheriff, were he to actually show up.

According to his PIO, Cpt. Behl, the 7% you granted him to increase his deputies salaries is being distributed incrementally. The first increment is in the form of advancement within the step plan. This is deception.

All deputies were to advance within the step plan according to the currently in place collective bargaining agreement, regardless if the county gave him an additional 7%. Had this not taken place, the Sheriff would have been sued, again.

In addition, deputies who have more than 20 years of service do not advance within the step plan because they have already reached the top step. Therefore, they are not receiving the first "increment" of this supposed 7% cost of living adjustment.

For whatever reason, the Sheriff has no intent to increase the wages of his deputies merely because you have granted him the money. He will require the bargaining unit representation, the North Central Florida Chapter of the Police Benevolent Association, to negotiate for that money. The money you specifically gave him to to give to his deputies. The collective bargaining agreement does not require negotiations in order to increase the bargaining units benefits. If he wants to increase wages, the bargaining unit will obviously not challenge that in court.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you my name, as I would be targeted and persecuted by the Sheriff as is already happening with another employee.

Access the RAEMI-EAGLE-GLENN Home Page and Archives

Unsubscribe from the RAEMI-EAGLE-GLENN List