**All Commissioners have been copied on this email**

Ms. Blackwell:

Thank you for your email.  It has been a while since we last exchanged emails!  Staff’s recommendation is for you to obtain legal counsel to ensure you have the necessary 501(c)3 information to qualify per State Statute (please click:  http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0200-0299/0274/Sections/0274.05.html for the surplus property statute and http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0200-0299/0273/Sections/0273.01.html for the list of approved 501(c)3 organizations).  Unfortunately, we cannot provide legal advice for you.

Otherwise, you can bid on it at surplus auction when it is available.  I have a note to notify you if/when it becomes available at auction.

Gina Peebles, CPRP
Assistant County Manager - Chief of Staff
County Manager’s Office
12 SE 1st Street • Gainesville • FL • 32601
352-337-6279 (office) • 352-538-8265 (mobile)

PLEASE NOTE: Florida has a very broad public records law (F.S.119).
All e-mails to and from County Officials and County Staff are kept as public records. Your e-mail
communications,
including your e-mail address, may be disclosed to the public and media at any time.