Dear Commissioners,
I hope you are all very well.  I support the adoption of Ordinance 20-0979 "Operation of Airboats".  Well done and thank you so much.

I'm sure you are aware that Wakulla County has something similar.  They also have lakes with 10 horsepower limits, which is nice.

People who say they have to use airboats to get into skinny water simply aren't creative.  This wouldn't work on the Lake but just as an example of what seems impossible:  my friend operated an inshore, 30' bait shrimp boat for years that had a 6" draft with an in-board diesel and bait tanks.  At the very least, airboaters/alligator-hunters can go to another county and hunt with their Statewide licenses, or apply for private lands where no one cares.

Airboat operators complain about discrimination but the Venn diagram circle of considerate airboat operators is about a speck in my experience.  I can't tell you how many times those things have woken me up or kept me up late when I had to be at work early the next day, with their noise and friggin LED light bars.

Have a good day!

Namaste,
Val Leitner

To unsubscribe from the ROBERT-HUTCHINSON list, click the following link:
http://listserv.alachuacounty.us/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=ROBERT-HUTCHINSON