MARY-ALFORD Archives

Commission email for MARY ALFORD

MARY-ALFORD@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

From:
Casey Castaldo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Commission email for MARY ALFORD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 2020 12:46:34 -0500

Dear Alachua County Commissioners,

My name is Casey Castaldo and I am a student at F.W. Buchholz High School.  Ever since I have gotten my Florida Learner’s Permit, I have driven on SW 91st Street on my way to and from school.  I have experienced some unsafe happenings while driving this route. I feel like the speed limit of 30 miles per hour is a little too slow, as vehicles very often tailgate me and ignore the four-second following distance rule  that is taught in the FLVS Driver’s Education class. I am often  passed on this street, which is unlawful and dangerous, as it could cause a head-on collision, and this road is a solid yellow line in its entirety. I have talked to many of my friends around the West Gainesville area that are also new drivers trying to follow all the rules of the road, and they have shared the same concerns when driving on SW 91st Street.  We agree that the speed limit would be better served on this road as 35 miles an hour. I feel like this would eliminate a lot of the tailgating and passing on this road from drivers irritated at me for driving the speed limit. Thank you for reading my concern, and I would love to hear back with your opinions on this matter.

Have a great Thanksgiving,

Casey Castaldo

Under Florida law, all information, including e-mail, written letters, documents and phone messages, sent to the Alachua County Board of County Commissioners is subject to Public Records law.  This includes the sender's e-mail address, home address or phone number if shown in the message, the content of the message and any associated attachments to the mail.  Also please be aware that electronic correspondence (e-mail) is made available on the Commission's public archive site immediately upon being sent.