MARIHELEN-WHEELER Archives

Commission email for Marihelen-Wheeler

MARIHELEN-WHEELER@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

Reply To:
Comission email for Marihelen-Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2018 12:40:26 +0000
Jenna,
Great to hear from you. Please pass along my best to Toshi and Talia. I am saddened but not surprised to hear about this crisis. I agree that you idea has great potential value. However, the city government is probably not the best equipped entity to take on such a project. We simply do not have the infrastructure or staff to do such a thing. The most likely entity locally would probably be the Alachua County Health Department, but UF Health may also have an interest (although that bureaucracy is a different challenge altogether). There is also a great physician named Lisa Chacko who does some amazing work at the Eastside Clinic in community health, and has been working with the city for some time on other projects. I will ask our GFR contact who has been working with Dr. Chacko to connect the two of you and see if there is an interest on her part.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Lauren