CHARLES-S-CHESTNUT Archives

Commission email for Charles S Chestnut

CHARLES-S-CHESTNUT@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

Reply To:
Comission email for Charles S Chestnut <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2018 15:53:11 -0400
Dear Governor Scott:

The Alachua County Library District's greatest strength is its workers
- folks who work the front lines every day to ensure that local
residents get the most out of their library's resources. However, real
wages for these workers have remained stagnant for some years.
In order to retain our current workers and to recruit new ones to our
library, we need to pay our workers a fair and equitable wage. For
this upcoming fiscal year, the projected Consumer Price Index from the
federal Bureau of Labor Statistics is 2.8%, and we expect the cost of
living to track along with it. Keeping this in mind, we ask that you
support the following wage proposal by the library's union, the
Communication Workers of America Local 3170:

An across-the-board increase of 3% for all library workers, plus
 - 1% merit increases for workers who receive an "exceeds
expectations" score on their performance evaluations, OR
- 2% merit increases for an "outstanding" score

Thank you for your support of the workers of Alachua County Library District,
Cheris Carpenter--Outreach Librarian