CHARLES-S-CHESTNUT Archives

Commission email for Charles S Chestnut

CHARLES-S-CHESTNUT@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

Reply To:
Comission email for Charles S Chestnut <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2018 18:32:03 +0000
Good afternoon, gentlemen

I would like to personally invite each of you to join us on September 20 as we begin a community conversation about our past.

Recently, residents from my community came together to request that we join with your efforts towards Truth & Reconciliation. I am honored to be a part of this process, and I would love to have the BOCC’s help and guidance in this endeavor.

On September 20, we will start by having a local educator and a local historian, both introduced by an ancestor of one of the victims, help us understand what happened and what we can and should hope to achieve from engaging with this process.

We will have VIP seating for descendants and community leaders. Please, let me know if you can attend so that we can recognize your presence and leadership in this effort.

We will start at 7pm in the Municipal Building located right next door, just East of City Hall.

I don’t know how many steps we must travel in this process until we see and feel the healing that I hope will come of it, but it would mean the world to me and my community we could all take the first one together.

Sincerely,
Jordan Marlowe

Sent from my iPhone