KEN-CORNELL Archives

Commission email for Ken Cornell

KEN-CORNELL@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

Reply To:
Commission email for Ken Cornell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2022 12:28:49 -0500

Greetings Madam Chair,

According to my records for 2022 alone, the Board of County Commissioners
has devoted approximately 96 percent of its time while on the dais to
items that have direct impact on western County districts (1, 2 and 3).
Does this lopsided use of your time mean districts 4 and 5 have nothing
worth discussing? If so, why is that? And shouldn't you be concerned?

If my numbers are correct, they indicate either the staff or the district
4 and 5 commissioners are not setting a good example of what equity should
look like. Districts 4 and 5 appear to have little to no representation as
far as meeting items on the agenda. When do the 5 at-large Commissioners
that love us so much start representing us?
If my numbers are correct, I strongly advise you suggest to your
colleagues they should consider enrolling in Dr Houchen's equity class
(must wave the stipend).

However, if my numbers are not correct, please send me the correct numbers
on how the board devotes its time while on the dais conducting what is
assumed to be countywide business, if you don't mind.

Thanks
Anthony Johnson