KEN-CORNELL Archives

Commission email for Ken Cornell

KEN-CORNELL@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

From:
Nancy deren <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Commission email for Ken Cornell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2021 15:34:41 -0400

Dear Commissioners,

Thank you so much for your ongoing efforts to protect our county from this current covid spike, with all its worrisome attributes.

The discussion with the doctors and with the attorney at your last meeting, was informative and sobering. I’m so glad you got the dashboard up again— even though it is not looking good right now, especially to see the pediatric numbers going up.

We know that masks work to reduce infections, and reduce the viral load if one does get exposed, giving us a better chance to avoid severe illness or hospitalization.
Especially since the vaccine protection doesn’t kick in for weeks— masking is a vital line of defense.

I just saw the headlines about 5000 children in Hillsborough under quarantine— this is a mess.

I hope you will consider, and figure out how to get a band of counties together and join the lawsuits or figure out a plan to defy the governor’s ban. The anti mask folks are in a minority. I am tired of minority rule, especially as it affects our health and safety and ability to conduct business. Banding together gives us a chance to oppose the ban more effectively.

I fully support any efforts and Ideas you have to require masks and help get us through this latest surge.
With my appreciation and all best wishes for a way forward during this awful time.

Nancy Deren