KEN-CORNELL Archives

Commission email for Ken Cornell

KEN-CORNELL@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

From:
Shaughn Henson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Commission email for Ken Cornell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 2021 08:47:47 -0500

Mr. Cornell, my name is Shaughn Henson. I own property and live along SE 65th Ln in Hawthorne. For as far back as I can remember this route has been a popular place for people to stop and dump trash. Not just toss it out the window but stop back up and unload entire truck loads of garbage. It really concerns me that much of this is dumped into Little Orange Creek which borders my property. The trash is finding its way into my property as water levels fluctuate. I’m not sure it’s not good for this delicate ecosystem and it’s wildlife. I would like to see an attempt by the county to at least install no dumping or no littering signs along this route. I’m sure this will not stop the dumping but at least they will know our concerns. I constantly collect the garbage but I have no way to discard the tires, beds, couches and construction debris. Is there any way the county can help with this issue?
Thanks in advance.