KEN-CORNELL Archives

Commission email for Ken Cornell

KEN-CORNELL@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

From:
"Sakthi,Shruthi" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Commission email for Ken Cornell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 2020 03:26:40 +0000

Dear Ken Cornell,

I am a constituent in Gainesville, FL. I am writing to you today to ask what you are doing, as the Alachua County Commissioner, to ensure that your officers are not abusing their power and are held accountable for their actions. I want you to know that these are issues very dear to me, and will directly influence which officials I support.

After witnessing the death of George Floyd at the hands of the Minneapolis Police Department, I am left feeling outraged, frustrated, and hurt.

As a resident of Gainesville, FL, I want to make sure that my local police department is taking the necessary preventative measures to ensure that incidents like this will not occur in the future anywhere in FL. So, I ask you what specific changes are you making to increase accountability and to prevent this from happening again.

When lives are at stake, inaction is unacceptable. I appreciate you taking the time to read this email, and I hope that we can work together to protect the Gainesville community. I refuse to let the next hashtag come from here.

Sincerely,
Your constituent in Gainesville