KEN-CORNELL Archives

Commission email for Ken Cornell

KEN-CORNELL@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 20 May 2024 08:31:20 -0400
From:
tamararobbinsjm Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Commission email for Ken Cornell <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
To: BOCC <[log in to unmask]> cc: "Sylvia E. Torres" <[log in to unmask]>, Michele Lieberman <[log in to unmask]>
Good morning,
During the 5-14-2024 public meeting the BOCC confirmed the existence of a “list” which tracks BOCC directives either by motion or consensus.
I requested this record, and received records titled: Summary of assignments.
Summary is definitely the correct title, since the record lacks detailed information, such as the following:
1. The identify of the BOCC office or staff where this summary document originated is not included.
2. There are no dates included with the BOCC action, making it impossible to track the timeline and to reference supporting information. I was asked to provide a time window for the list when I made my request. How is that possible?
3. Does not include issues “mentioned” by the BOCC. The 5-7-2024 Special BOCC meeting included discussion about restructuring of BOCC government offices based on the BOCC “mention” of combining of the economic development and tourist development offices. I now know the basis for the BOCC cancelling it’s membership with the regional tourist development task force. I see you are truly taking Alachua County in a different direction.
The motions made by the BOCC are not complete to identify the public policy in the directive. For example stating the “plan” gives no information and without a reference date of meeting, it can not be researched and understood.

I believe this list does not include all directions given by the BOCC, either by motion vote or consensus.

I will therefore need to make a follow up PRR for the minutes of the meetings where the BOCC took the actions noted in the summary. This request will require public resources to be directed to this request, which would have otherwise been unnecessary.

Sent from my iPad