KEN-CORNELL Archives

Commission email for Ken Cornell

KEN-CORNELL@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

Reply To:
Commission email for Ken Cornell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 2020 19:29:28 -0400

April 1, 2020

Dear County Commission Members and Staff,

I am a concerned citizen for our community!  The springs in our county are still open to the public, Jenny Springs, etc.

Groups, families are gathering, for picnics & swimming.  (Definitely more than 10)  I suggest and request that all parks & springs need to close, at least until May 1.

Therefore many citizens and younger adults are not taking this alert seriously!
Some are looking at this as having a vacation.

As reported this CO19 virus is very contagious, you can be carrier & not realize, virus can be dormant until symptoms arise 14 days later, virus is impacting our young also; children, teenagers, young adults have also died.

Overall, I believe most senior adults are following proper guidelines, but from reports & friends who live close to the springs, others are not following the guidelines & congregated at the springs.  Some are traveling to and from Gilchrist county back to other counties, college students gathering at the springs in groups.

Therefore, me and others are asking Gilchrist County Commission and Health Dept to review and please consider closing all springs and parks in Gilchrist county, etc.

If everyone follows the guidelines and stays at home
& will leave home only for essentials needed, everyone will have a better chance in seeing this end much sooner and prevent spreading further!!

I appreciate your consideration and hope you are in agreement to proceed!!

Thank You!

Respectfully!

Jamie Hill,
a concerned citizen

Under Florida law, all information, including e-mail, written letters, documents and phone messages, sent to the Alachua County Board of County Commissioners is subject to Public Records law. This includes the sender's e-mail address, home address or phone number if shown in the message, the content of the message and any associated attachments to the mail. Also please be aware that electronic correspondence (e-mail) is made available on the Commission's public archive site immediately upon being sent.

Sent from my iPhone...
Therefore, please excuse any typos...