MARIHELEN-WHEELER Archives

Commission email for Marihelen-Wheeler

MARIHELEN-WHEELER@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 2020 13:11:16 -0400
From:
Patrice Thornton <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Commission email for Marihelen-Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:

Hi, my name is Patrice and I am a citizen of Gainesville and recently there was an incident at the Alachua county jail involving an inmate being attacked by an officer while 2 other officers watched and did NOTHING. Since, there have been many incidents reported by inmates that are very concerning.  I just have a few question that are concerning to me.

A) why has inmate abuse at the Alachua County Jail been just swept under the rug?

B) why are the inmates consuming food that is sold for zoo animals?

C) why have there been so many complaint by inmates that they are regularly being denied adequate medical care?

D) when does the contract between the County and the jail expire?

Also What is the status of the other 2 guards that participated in the assault incident?
Why have our city commissioners been silent about this?