MARIHELEN-WHEELER Archives

Commission email for Marihelen-Wheeler

MARIHELEN-WHEELER@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Commission email for Marihelen-Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2022 12:54:18 -0500
From:
"Frank B. Arenas" <[log in to unmask]>

Karl,

It is pretty obvious you know more about the Florida black bear than the
"experts" - you are in the woods weekly checking on the bears, scat
tracks, etc.

FWC's own panhandle radio tracked bears show dog hunting pushes the
bears from their habitat south to the busy roads on the coast - of
course they are extremely stressed.

The winter burns should be done in the summer when lightning is the
natural cause of fire - added bear stress when done in the winter.

Your explanation below is based on science, basic logic and what the FWC
data shows - why can we not seem to get anyone who can stop this madness
to listen?  Still "too many bears" in Florida as an excuse?

Frank B. Arenas
P.O. Box 600
Coleman, FL 33521-0600
(352) 748-6629