KEN-CORNELL Archives

Commission email for Ken Cornell

KEN-CORNELL@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Commission email for Ken Cornell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2023 16:58:31 +0000
7bit
Comments:
To BOCC
Bringing the World Masters Athletics to Alachua County would cause a sinkhole of debt. Already they want a million dollars off the top!
   Alachua County does NOT have the public infrastructure for this like Gothenberg, Sweden, which has a variety of transportation options!! They have hosted before. We Cannot get from one part of the County to another like in many counties where you can get from town to town! We need money to expand public transportation not fritter away our money to WMA!
   We talk infintely about affordable housing but only make a dent. Yet money could be wasted on WMA while we Desperately need REAL affordable housing that is pleasant in appearance and practical!
   Florida had the second most pedestrian deaths in 2021, in the nation. We need safety infrastructure and to ticket those who speed and watch cellphones as they drive. We need safety not the WMA!
   We must plant many more trees everywhere in Alachua County to sequester carbon and lower temperatures. Use money for this, not the WMA!
   Maintain and improve you natural resources. These are your strengths and a variety of green spaces and water resources attract tourists.
   Do not try to be a big shot. Take care of your residents first.
   No WMA.
   Thanks,
   Karen Arrington