MARIHELEN-WHEELER Archives

Commission email for Marihelen-Wheeler

MARIHELEN-WHEELER@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

From:
Kathy Funke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Commission email for Marihelen-Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2024 14:41:37 -0400
Marihelen

I am writing to you to urge you to consider voting to permit the
district wide voting initiative on the ballot. The single member
district vote was conducted under false information with "endorsements"
from individuals and organizations who did not endorse the proposal.
This campaign was conducted without sufficient time for a counter
response to be developed. It was an underhanded attempt to manipulate
the voters. As such, it is only reasonable for the issue to be brought
before the citizens of Alachua County for an honest, well informed vote.
On a personal level, it does not make sense to me that a body that
represents the county should hold office based on a narrowed voter
selection. It seems that we should be able to vote for all candidates in
much the same way, we elect school board members who are voted on by the
citizens of the county but represent a specified geographic region.

Thank you for your representation, and for your concern for fairness
within our community

Kathryn (Kathy) Funke, PhD