MARIHELEN-WHEELER Archives

Commission email for Marihelen-Wheeler

MARIHELEN-WHEELER@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2023 12:42:05 -0400
From:
Donna Szot <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Commission email for Marihelen-Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
My husband and I have been taxing paying citizens our whole life-i was born at AGH and it is absurd in the way our taxes are raised every single year.  Now our kids are trying to buy properties and build houses etc as tax paying citizens, but as young adults its about next to impossible with the rates we have to pay.  Yet, everyone wants to see their kids be successful and have homes and build  families and not be on welfare and government dependent but living in alachua makes that very difficult.  You guys get federal funding too and cant figure out where to spend it. There is more money wasted at facilities such as school boards on maintenance workers etc on how time and effort is managed and im sure many other facilities that could be putting tax dollars to better use.  We should not have to keep bearing the brunt of misused funds!!!!

Now you guys are wanting to raise the stormwater assessment from $10 to $50 is ridiculous. Why dont yall put screens in front of drains to keep debris out. I mean New Orleans is a perfect example trying to keep the millions of beads out to prevent clogging. Where there is a will there is a way and raising our taxes is NOT it!

We pay over $5k a year for less than 15 acres which is ridiculous and we are 100% against raising anymore of our taxes!

Sincerely

Donna Szot
Sent from my iPhone