MARIHELEN-WHEELER Archives

Commission email for Marihelen-Wheeler

MARIHELEN-WHEELER@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2023 14:22:44 -0400
From:
Ghislaine Carr <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Commission email for Marihelen-Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
Our local government has developed and cultivated a successful partnership with GRACE that provide a valuable service to our community.  GRACE has the experience, tools, knowledge, and compassion to efficiently and successful carry out its mission.  It has been extremely transparent on its operations, provides metrics to gauge its results and runs a nimble operation with extensive support from community volunteers because of its roots in the community and open door culture.

As an Alachua resident, I believe that governmental financial support to GRACE is a valuable investment in our community that can go much further is the program continues to be run by GRACE.  The program has the hallmarks of an efficiently run and successful program therefore I see no reason or value in turning the program over to the County.

Thank you for funding the outreach program and for keeping it with GRACE

Ghislaine Carr