MARIHELEN-WHEELER Archives

Commission email for Marihelen-Wheeler

MARIHELEN-WHEELER@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2021 11:41:35 -0400
From:
Pamela Blasetti <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Commission email for Marihelen-Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:

First thank you for seeing the error in closing our waste facility and placing it 15 miles away in a residential neighborhood.

  If the current waste site is so busy, that means people in this area need it there.  If Newberry needs a site why not create one and leave ours where it is?
I live in the north of district 2 and frankly, I don’t want to drive 20 miles to get to the Waste disposal center.  We pay taxes for this service and if is not in a reasonable distance, then I don’t want to pay for it anymore.  I will be forced to pay for private service as we do not get any pickup service out here.
I also feel that the containers should be emptied more often.  Too often they are full and that’s not helpful to the already busy station.
We have two new housing developments going up in the area.  This will make the dump more crowded if they don’t contract with a private carrier.  I am wondering how that is being handled. Even more reason to keep a waste station here in the Alachua / High Springs corridor.
So my vote is add to the existing number of facilities. Don’t remove ours.  We need it. And we pay for it too.  The tax base will be larger with the new developments and frankly the whole corridor is booming.  We need the existing waste station in this location.  Look at how to fix it, make it more efficient.  Perhaps add a day to the schedule. But leave it in this location.
Thanks for hearing me out!

Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing via regular mail.

Pamela Blasetti