MARIHELEN-WHEELER Archives

Commission email for Marihelen-Wheeler

MARIHELEN-WHEELER@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 2021 10:15:01 -0500
From:
Travis Rockey <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Commission email for Marihelen-Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:

Commissioners:

I live at 7515 NW 187 Terrace, Alachua. Despite repeated calls to Alachua County Recycling and WCA, I cannot get yard waste picked up.  Each Thursday, two trucks come through our neighborhood. One truck collects the garbage in the can and the other collects paper/plastic, but the third truck does not come.  We are paying for it and WCA has apparently decided to save money by not doing their job.

I have called numerous times to both the County and WCA.  I’ve called in advance to remind them. I’ve called after they do not come.  They tell me a supervisor for the County and WCA will monitor it. Nothing happens.  They tell me I am on some list that the driver has to sign off on when he comes out here.  He is apparently signing off, but not coming.

You wonder why folks in our part of the county want to start Springs County, this is one reason.  We cannot get the people we pay to do their job.

What can I do to get people to do their job?  Better yet, what can you do?

Travis Rockey
7515 NW 187 Terrace
Alachua, FL 32615
843-607-0803