MARY-ALFORD Archives

Commission email for MARY ALFORD

MARY-ALFORD@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

From:
Travis Rockey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Commission email for MARY ALFORD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2021 20:41:24 -0400

Commissioners,

Thank you for having Tsachi from Engineering contact me and having the Engineering Team begin to work on CR 235, specifically the corner of CR 235 and NW 173rd Street. Having some County employees attempt to fill some pot holes on 173rd Street is a good start.

I say attempt, because while they put some macadam in the craters at CR 235 and NW 173rd Street, I drove over them yesterday afternoon and they are ACTUALLY worse than they were before.

Hard to believe they could be worse, but I am not exaggerating when I report that you can easily break a spring or shock absorber and maybe even an axle depending on the speed you are going when you turn left onto NW 173rd Street from CR 235.

Last week I read you have tentatively approved a $3.5M purchase of the 9 acre Baptist church in High Springs for County offices.  After retro fitting the facility, the County will have $5M+ in the project.

With all due respect, the health and safety of the people who elected you is more important than the comfort of County employees who are getting along in their current offices.

Tsachi indicated County roads have been graded in terms of the need for repair/replacement and money was the reason more road projects have not been undertaken.  $5M would certainly help many of the roads that are in desperate need of repair/replacement.  It would also reflect the Commissioners concerns with the safety of your constituents.  Will you do the right thing and direct that $5M to improve the roads and the safety of the citizens of Alachua County?

Sincerely,

Travis Rockey
843-607-0803

Sent from my iPhone