KEN-CORNELL Archives

Commission email for Ken Cornell

KEN-CORNELL@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

From:
Fred Posner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Commission email for Ken Cornell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 2022 09:30:18 -0400
Commissioners:

My name is Fred Posner and I live outside of a city in District 2 of
Alachua County; requiring me to drive on NW 23rd Ave daily. In my almost
20 years at this home, I do not recall 23rd Ave being worked on other
than a portion near The Village and a portion in the City of Gainesville.

Every time we receive "decent" rain, potholes form in this road. The
road itself displays a long history of patching these hazards.

Today, after the recent rains, there are more than a dozen significant
potholes that create a hazard for drivers of this road.

Hopefully I don't need to remind you that this road is a main artery for
Buchholz High School, as well as a county middle school, elementary
school, Santa Fe College, and many places of worship.

I implore you to (1) direct resources to alleviating these hazards
immediately and (2) take significant action to improve this road that
has been neglected for too long.

There are routinely traffic crashes here. There are children, young
adults, and families that require the use of this road daily.

There is no reason to continue to let the condition of this county road
deteriorate and cause more injury, death, and property damage.

Please take action immediately.

Regards,

Fred Posner
(352) 664-3733