KEN-CORNELL Archives

Commission email for Ken Cornell

KEN-CORNELL@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

Reply To:
Comission email for Ken Cornell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2019 20:25:03 -0400
Gina,
I see a conflict of policy regarding the WSPP “special” advisory committee and the established Advisory board and committee guidelines.
The WSPP advisory committee is by resolution 17-36 defined as a Special Committee, however the Guidelines do not recognize a Special Committee, as it applies to the guidelines.
In Sec. II. Appointments, it is stated the BOCC board will appoint the members of advisory boards and committees. In contrast  the Resolution states in Section 3., Membership and Qualifications, states the terms of appointment which includes 2 members appointed by the City of Gainesville. This does not meet the criteria defined in the guidelines.
I believe the WSPP board has been misdefined as it relates to BOCC policy and the independent intent expected by the referendum vote,  and the public has been subjected to a injustice.
This is a Special Committee defined as such on the ballot presented to the voters of Alachua County and has been treated as a general advisory committee appointed by the BOCC and defined per the established guidelines

Sent from my iPad