KEN-CORNELL Archives

Commission email for Ken Cornell

KEN-CORNELL@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

From:
Tamara Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Commission email for Ken Cornell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2023 08:05:03 -0400
Good morning,
As I mentioned during yesterday’s meeting, the minutes and agendas as well as any reports created by Alachua County advisory boards has been removed from the County website.  I sent you an email chain communication I had with Ms. Pebbles “explaining” this unfortunate circumstance and the apparent decision made by staff.
Was the decision to exclude the service of exporting this information supported by the BOCC? Based on your faces yesterday, you were unaware of the staff decision and the fact it was apparently made without the County Manager’s knowledge. Seriously?

This information needs to be returned to the website immediately. To deny the public access to this information, (without a public records request), and erase all the work the advisory board’s have done, is an aggressive act against the public services these advisory boards contribute to County government.  The ability to access and review the important work of these volunteers is fundamental to transparent government.

Tamara Robbins

Sent from my iPad