KEN-CORNELL Archives

Commission email for Ken Cornell

KEN-CORNELL@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

From:
Cheryl Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Commission email for Ken Cornell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2023 19:44:56 -0400
To whom it may concern, I’m not sure if I’m reaching out to the right person to address this issue.

For the past few months, the county has been working diligently on repaving our road (NE 27th Avenue - Copeland settlement). It was much needed as it had never been resurfaced since it was initially paved over 35 years ago.

We are so thankful and happy that our road was chosen to be resurfaced. We were so excited about the project and when it started we were happy with the progress.

HOWEVER, over the last few weeks, the crews have come through and had to “redo” several sections of the roadway (I counted 11, yes you heard that right, 11 different segments of the road, on a road that is less than one mile in length).

Now the road doesn’t look like a “new project.” It looks like a poor patchwork job. The citizens in this area are hoping that the county doesn’t call this a completed project, but will do a final resurfacing of the ENTIRE ROAD, so the project looks like the new project we were told it would be.

I would hate for the county commissioners to come through to inspect and review the project and it looks this poor. Can you please let us know that you all intend to go over the entire road once more so that it looks like a final “new” project?

We want to proud of the finished work our hard earned tax dollars provided.

Thanks so much for all you all are doing. We look forward to your response.

Cheryl Thomas

Sent from my iPad