KEN-CORNELL Archives

Commission email for Ken Cornell

KEN-CORNELL@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

From:
Jason Reeves <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Commission email for Ken Cornell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 2020 16:05:26 -0400

Dear Board members,

As a business owner and resident here in Alachua County, I want to ask how long you are going to continue abusing your power in the name of public safety? Citing individuals and businesses for no face masks is overbearing and an obvious act of a board on a massive power trip. Our area is by no means under a threat of major outbreak and you know this. If you are trying to prevent people from getting this flu at all, you will be on this trip for a long time. Most everyone will get this at some point, so your only concern should be to mitigate the spread so that our local medical care is not stressed beyond capacity. We are nowhere near that, nor have we ever been since this situation began. Your desire to force your residents and businesses to comply with your orders are heavy-handed and over the top. We all know you love your regulations and rules, but at some point you need to realize that this is not something people will comply with indefinitely. You all need to step back and consider what is the purpose of your actions? Is it really what you claim, or is it what it appears to be to most of us, a power trip that you want to ride for as long and as far as you can?

If I get a reply I expect it to be condescending and from a position of “we know best,” so don’t bother. Just take this as one of your many citizens expressing how we are growing weary of constantly being told what to do and how to live. I thought liberals were supposed to be against that sort of thing?

Respectfully,

Jason R.