KEN-CORNELL Archives

Commission email for Ken Cornell

KEN-CORNELL@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

From:
George Fox <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Commission email for Ken Cornell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2024 09:56:11 -0400
Hello commissioner Cornell, I will be quick, thanks again for the purchase of West End. It’s starting to look great out there!
How do I put a nine hole golf course around the perimeter of that property? It could start off as a walking only golf course and we could rent out pushcarts and perhaps keep it a walking only course with minimal environmental impact. The holes are already there !  perfectly aligned with the perimeter. The only thing that has to happen is to bring the tee boxes and greens back online and make the fairways as playable, but also as environmentally friendly , as possible. I’m not sure  how much that would cost or how I would secure the funding but I know that it would be extremely popular with everybody from juniors to seniors ….2023 saw more golf rounds purchased in the United States than any other time in history and Alachua county is lacking right now in golf courses. Anyway, I could go on about how it would sustain itself, but also how that property is great for Bermuda grass. But I just wanted your thoughts and thanks again for all your hard work.!

George Fox
Phoenix Fox Foundation
352-328-6571
From I Phone