KEN-CORNELL Archives

Commission email for Ken Cornell

KEN-CORNELL@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

From:
Monica Prince <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Commission email for Ken Cornell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2021 12:32:59 -0400

Commissioner Wheeler,

My family and I have lived, and had our family farm, for decades, very close to 24430 NW 110th Avenue, Alachua, FL 32615 (the corner of State Road 45 and NW 110th Avenue between High Springs and Newberry). We looked into buying the land at this address and heard that, first, the county has the option to buy it and no one else can bid on it or buy it until they decide whether or not they want the property. We heard that there is conversation of a possible Solid Waste Dump Station, county yard to park trucks and equipment, and possible community center. As our Commissioner and Representative, can you confirm if this is true?

If it is true, please know that my family, extended family, friends, and neighbors in this area have already been in communication and are prepared to show our very strong opposition to this plan by the county. Many of us have lived in this very rural area for decades, have raised our families here, have farms, and enjoy the environment and the very quiet nature of our area. It is our home and we want to keep it as unchanged from these type of plans, as possible. Utmost, we are all very strongly against Alachua County putting a dump station right on top of our homes that will most definitely affect our land, animals, environment and rural area. We will all be enthusiastic and energetically prepared to fight this, if it is, in fact, being planned by the county.

Thank you in advance for your time and information regarding this inquiry. We all are in much appreciation of your representation of our district!

Sincerely,
Monica Prince, M.A., L.M.H.C., L.S.C.