KEN-CORNELL Archives

Commission email for Ken Cornell

KEN-CORNELL@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

From:
Amanda McKillop <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Commission email for Ken Cornell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2021 15:32:41 -0400

Commissioners,

   I wanted to send a somewhat belated note to express my gratitude for your decision to end the purchase option for the potential dump and hazardous waste site on 110th Avenue. I was so encouraged to see that you all were willing to listen to the community on this subject and take our words into consideration. I was also encouraged by the speedy action to mitigate this issue. Thank you, Commissioner Cornell, for asking Mr. Olmos to be in attendance at the meeting, and thanks to all for adding the issue to the agenda. I am personally grateful not to have had to live in such stress for weeks awaiting a decision.

  I am so encouraged by the concern for the environment in our beautiful county, and I do hope to see that continue in the future.  I recognize that you likely still need a solution to the issue of population expansion requiring more/different trash collection centers (though many who proposed extending the minimal hours in place now at the 441 collections station could perhaps have thought of a solution that saves major effort for now). I do hope that we can continue to rely on our commissioners to select a spot that will not present so many issues for the county’s residents or the environment that our county has worked so hard to protect.

  Thank you all for your service to Alachua’s citizens!

In gratitude,
Amanda McKillop
(and family)