MARY-ALFORD Archives

Commission email for MARY ALFORD

MARY-ALFORD@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

From:
ann murray <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Commission email for MARY ALFORD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2021 12:10:06 +0000

Re:  Proposed solar farm, Sand Bluff site near Archer, FL.

Dear Members of the Alachua County Commission,

I am a long time Alachua County resident and I fully support installing solar farms all across the sunny section of Florida we call home.  It’s been obvious for many years now that solar power is the smart solution to our energy needs; it is clean, efficient and abundant - especially here in the Sunshine state.

I understand there are some concerns from people who live close to where the solar farm would be built.  This is understandable but when I googled the drawbacks of living near a solar farm, I could find little mention of anything particularly worrying.  They are completely quiet, low maintenance and create no emissions.  If there are aesthetic concerns, they will be answered by the 75 foot border/buffer that would surround the entire site.  If there are land use concerns, they will be addressed by the additional possibilities of planting native plants for pollinators and/or a variety of agricultural crops, and grazing sheep on the land.

When I drive up and down our state, I am excited by the sight of the solar farms I see going up in other places.  They are dramatic and inspiring and make me feel optimistic.  I admire the entities that are taking our state the right direction.  I urge the county to approve the Sand Bluff solar project.  We need this site and many more to meet our energy needs in a way that reverses global warming.  Please commit to this process of saving our future.

Sincerely,
Ann Murray
1320 SE 149th Pl.
Micanopy, FL 32667