KEN-CORNELL Archives

Commission email for Ken Cornell

KEN-CORNELL@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

Reply To:
Comission email for Ken Cornell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 2019 21:31:47 -0400
6/11/2019

Alachua County Commissioners,

As a citizen of Alachua County I feel compelled to report an incident
that happened to me on June 8th, 2019 at the Alachua County Rural
Collection Center,16935 NW US HWY 441.  I have been going to the
Center since 2005 and have always had a good experience with the
employees there. It was quite a different scenario on Saturday June
the 8th. There was a Female employee who started yelling at me the
minute I pulled in.  She said I had too much on my truck. I have a
2005 Dodge Ram pick up, it was full but not over the sides and no
different than other times I’ve been there. Among my items was a
residential water cooler, she screamed at me that it had “toxic
material” in it and I would have to take it out to Waldo Road. That’s
fine, but couldn’t  a County employee be more informative and
respectful instead of a rude bully?  About that time, six to eight
other vehicles came into the Center, trucks loaded, like mine and some
even towing full trailers. Now she yelled at me that I was taking too
long to unload, holding up the line and the next time I would  need to
bring help! When I said I didn’t have any help, she said “You had help
little at a time. What a horrible experience after 14 years of coming
here.  In the Private sector, in my experience, an employee like this
would be dismissed, at the very least they need some sensitivity
training or some classes on what good customer service is.  I cant
remember a time I was treated so rudely, especially by someone much
younger than me.  As a side note, June 8th was my 61st birthday.  I
woke up so happy to enjoy my day, excited about going to the “dump”
then rode home devastated .  I would appreciate a response as to what
actions could be implemented by Alachua County so that in the future
other citizens can be assured of great customer service.

Regards,

Marita Hoefert