KEN-CORNELL Archives

Commission email for Ken Cornell

KEN-CORNELL@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

From:
Tammy Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Commission email for Ken Cornell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 2020 15:58:13 +0000

Good Morning,

I am a Gilchrist County Resident who has enjoyed the Alachua County Library for the last couple of years.  I have used my card to check out E-Books.  I have loved having access to the Library's books.

I got a notice to renew my card.  I was eager to get this done, so I would not have any interruption of my account.  I called and found out that I had to go in person to renew.  The Library is not open, but they are doing curbside service.  So, I would drive 50 miles with my children to renew my card with the same exact driver's license that I used to get my card with.  Yes, to renew my card I would drive 50 miles to present the same driver's license to a curb side service.  Once there, I found out I had to get out and go to the door.  So, I unloaded the children went to the door and presented my ID.  Great! No issues.

Drive home 50 miles, log into my account to find that it has been deactivated.  Of course now Library is closed, so I call on Monday and leave a message.  Finally get a call back to find out that I am no longer able to check out E-books.  That the Library Board has voted only to allow Alachua County Citizens to check out E-books because of the cost.  But, I am still able to come there and check out books?  That would be a cheaper route for you decision makers?  So, if I checked out a book and did not return that would seem cheaper?  I am beyond upset and disappointed.  But, let me guess... it would only matter if I paid Alachua County Taxes.

I know this e-mail will not make a difference, but I wanted you to know- I think this sucks!

Thank you,

Tammy Moore
352-213-4434