MARY-ALFORD Archives

Commission email for MARY ALFORD

MARY-ALFORD@LISTSERV.ALACHUACOUNTY.US

From:
Robert Coffey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Commission email for MARY ALFORD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2024 18:45:45 -0400

Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing via regular mail.

Dear Commissioner Alford,
  My name is Robert Coffey my spouse, Lynn Grabon-Coffey, and I live in Hale Plantation at 4421 SW 101st Dr. I have tried to get the county complaints officer to respond to a ‘ light trespass’ issue by our neighbor for over 2 months. Our neighbor at 4411 SW 101ST DR, put outdoor lights over his patio at the rear of his home in FEB this year. The lights are very bright and shine into our windows and on to our patio at night, and remain on from early evening (6 pm until after 10:30 PM or midnight hours nightly) .
  We have twice asked the neighbors nicely,  to please modify his lights to avoid this issue. After a month and no action, we contacted the Alachua County Complaints office to file an official complaint. The first complaints officer assigned to the case was scheduled to visit our house on 18 MAR at night; however due to a death in her family she had to cancel that visit.
   Subsequently, another complaints officer was assigned to the case. She advised she visited our house at 6:30 AM and saw the lights were not on, so she closed the case with no feedback to us! After several attempts to discover why we had no feedback and no action, we were told that because the lights were not on during her early morning visit, she closed the case!  After weeks of us calling and following up, we told the complaints officer that the issue has never been resolved and we still want to file a complaint.
  We asked the complaints officer to visit our property at night, but she said she needed special authorization from her supervisor to do that. To date, nothing has happened, no feedback from the complaints officer or complaints office and the situation continues to be intolerable!
   I am asking your assistance to help resolve this matter. It seems simple to me that to resolve this matter , a nighttime visit and measurement of the lights trespassing onto our property, in accordance with the County Ordnance could  be done and the neighbor advised they must modify their lighting.
  Thank you in advance for your assistance,

Respectfully,
Robert Coffey

Sent from my iPad